Thanksgiving and Hanukkah are right around the corner and that means Christmas is not far behind. The holiday shopping season seems to begin earlier and earlier every year with holiday items found in stores during Halloween and lights and decorations going up in early November. For some, the holidays can mean a time of stress over mall traffic, choosing the right gifts, and getting those gifts to their intended recipients on time. Others seem to be on top of everything with all their gifts purchases, wrapped, and out the door before Thanksgiving. The majority of people are probably somewhere in between trying to enjoy the season and get everything done with as little stress as possible.
Here are some tips for successful holiday shipping this year:
- Don’t wait until the last minute. Lines, stress, and price all go up the closer you get to the Christmas holiday. Preparing your packages for shipment well in advance will save you time, money, and peace of mind.
- Know holiday shipping deadlines. To ship via standard ground, you should have your package shipped by Friday, December 13th. Shipping after December 13th will require expedited shipping.
- Ensure you’ve packed your shipment well. Always use the right size box and appropriate packing material to make sure your gifts will arrive intact.
- Double check the shipping address and print clearly. Legible handwriting on ship to and ship from addresses is a must. Verify the shipping address to make sure there won’t be any delays or incorrect deliveries.
- Check shipping guidelines. If there is any doubt about a gift you’re sending, always check the carrier’s shipping guidelines. Items like perfume or alcohol may have additional shipping requirements.
Packing and shipping doesn’t have to be a pain this holiday season. Stop by any of the hundreds of Pak Mail locations throughout the United States to get shipping advice from our team for international or domestic shipping. Pak Mail has experts ready to help you with all of your holiday shipping needs this year. To find a Pak Mail location near you, use our Store Locator.