We’ve all experienced the disappointment of opening a package, only to discover the item was damaged due to improper packing. Minimize the chances of this happening by following a few insider tips from the experts at Pak Mail.
7 PACKING TIPS TO HELP PROTECT YOUR FREIGHT
Follow these seven freight tips to ensure your items arrive at their destination safe and sound:
1. Separate breakables from unbreakables –Put glasses, dishes, antiques, and other fragile items in a separate container. Ensure their protection by wrapping them individually with bubble wrap and packing them in a manner that limits movement when in the box. Secure your boxes with heavy duty packing or shipping tape, which can be purchased at any Pak Mail location.
2. Use double wall or extra thick boxes for fragile items – Give your treasures as much protection as possible with sturdy, thick boxes that won’t break open during transit. Thick boxes provide an extra layer of protection not found in traditional shipping boxes.
3. Be generous with the packing materials – Don’t overfill boxes and make sure you use plenty of packing peanuts, bubble wrap, or expandable foam to cushion items. These items can be found at any Pak Mail store, and if you have questions, our packing and shipping professionals can advise you on the best way to secure your freight.
4. Pass the shake test – After you’ve packed a box, give it a good shake. If you hear something moving around, the shipment is not secure. Open the box and add more packing material.
5. Use original packing materials for electronics when possible – Most DVD players, TVs, and other electronics arrive in packaging created specifically for the product. Nothing will protect electronics better than this packaging. If it is still available, use it to secure your electronics for shipment.
6. Disassemble tables before shipping – Your furniture may be permanently damaged if you attempt to move it without taking it apart first. Remove legs from tables and crate all pieces together for safekeeping. Also, remove cushions from sofas and crate them separately to avoid damage during shipping.
7. Palletize freight for business shipping – To give larger or multiple items extra security during shipment, consider palletizing and shrink-wrapping to protect them from the elements. Pak Mail can help you professionally prepare your shipment by shrink wrapping, banding, and crating pallets as needed. We also provide custom packaging and crating solutions if your product shipments require enclosed sides.
GET HELP FROM THE PROS
The tips above are just of few of the many ways you can protect your shipments from damage. For additional help, consult with Pak Mail’s freight experts. Whatever you need to ship – even if it’s something as large as a car or boat – Pak Mail will partner with you to find the safest, smartest, and most economical way to get it where it needs to go.
FULL SERVICE SHIPPING
You have many options when it comes to shipping, but none of them can surpass the care and personal attention you will receive when you choose the experts at Pak Mail. We provide customized service that is simply not available when you ship directly with large carriers. We take the time to understand your unique needs and devise customized solutions to ensure your freight receives the fastest and most secure delivery available.
HELP FOR INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESSES
Whether you’re shipping a gift to a grandchild or creating your business’s logistical plan for shipping thousands of products around the country, you can rely on Pak Mail for fast, secure and accurate delivery. Contact us to get a shipping estimate or to locate a Pak Mail store today.