Serving the Vero Beach and Indian River County area for over 25 years, Pak Mail Beachside is a shipping solutions provider for businesses and walk-in customers. Whether it is a letter being sent to a soldier or a large crate with furniture for delivery, Pak Mail Beachside can ensure the safe and timely arrival of those goods by offering expert packaging skills coupled with the ability to use a variety of carriers to account for any budget or time request.
We use only the best and most experienced small parcel domestic and international carriers in the business. We have relationships established with Federal Express, UPS and the US Postal Service. We will carefully select the right carrier for your shipment.
LARGE SHIPMENTS (LTL Carriers)
From one side of the country to the other, or from city to city we can handle large shipments with ease. Through our established network we will get it done for the right price in a timely manner and offer your packages the care they deserve.
We have a wide variety of options for your international shipments. Whether you need it there overnight or in 4 weeks, we will make it happen.
Our vast array of freight forwarding options will meet your needs for those large shipments. Value and speed is our standard way of doing business; with decades of experience in the logistics of freight forwarding your items will get to where they need to go when you need them there.
We provide our customers with multiple options for protecting the value of their shipments. Whether it's $20, $2000, or $200,000 - we've got you covered! Please ask us for additional details.
PICK UP & DELIVERY
We offer free local pick up for larger shipments throughout Indian River County.
Custom Packaging & Crating
Pak Mail Beachside packs and ships heavy or oversized items such as machinery and industrial equipment as well as fragile items, including fine art, china, crystal, paintings and sculptures. Our certified packing experts utilize state-of-the-art packing and custom crating processes to protect valuables during shipping from Vero Beach by assessing the item’s fragility, composition, and value we can determine the best packing methods.
- We design and build one-of-a-kind corrugated containers.
- We design and build custom wooden boxes and crates, including stick crates, solid wall crates, and crates that are certified for international shipping.
- We secure shipments on pallets or skids to provide additional stability and ease in handling. We’ve even palletized a 300-pound antique barber' chair and sink.
Crating & Packing Supplies
At Pak Mail Beachside, we specialize in custom crating services, and we're always ready to expertly pack and ship your home or office whether you bring it to us or we come to you; however, for those "do it yourselfers," we offer a wide array of packaging supplies and packing tips such as:
- Boxes and tape
- Custom crating services
- Specialty moving supplies
- Bulk supply orders
- Packing peanuts and bubble wrap
- Markers, tape, and tags
- Custom corrugated containers
Art shipping? Pak Mail Beach Side has been offering our services to artists, galleries, museums and auction houses since 1997. We provide personal service to our clients including:
- custom packaging
- shipping these items with special care.
We know that family heirlooms and works of art are precious and deserve the most attention for the safest delivery. We spare no packing material or technique because we understand what packages endure during the shipping process.
Our techinques for shipping are as follows:
- Items containing glass, such as framed art and pictures, receives a layer of glass mask to protect the print, photograph or artwork that lay underneath and layer of scratch preventative, called furniture wrap, is applied.(Furniture wrap is a combination of thick tissue paper and wrap designed to prevent abrasion and scratching.)
- Next is a layer of styro-board that is sized and applied using stretch-wrap around the piece to withstand any mishandling event that might occur.
- The piece is surrounded with a double-walled corrugated container or a crate. Fine are crating is one of our many specialties. We have in-stock picture boxes for the most common artwork sizes but we are prepared to build any size double-walled corrugated container or crate necessary.
- Lastly, the space left between the carefully wrapped artwork and container is filled using packing peanuts. Nothing should be loose when finally packed for shipment.
Our packaging is exceptional for protecting against damage; however, in the unlikely event of damage or loss, Pak Mail has value coverage available to its customers to cover the value of the artwork. We have the support of our Pak Mail corporate value coverage in addition to any coverage the shipping service may offer. A few things we ask our customers to do before shipping highly valuable pieces:
- Keep purchase receipts or appraisals as evidence of value.
- If there is no evidence indicating value, seek to have it documented in some fashion such as a quotation for similar item, publication or appraisal.
- Take several pictures of the item to document its condition.
Multiple Destination Shipping
At Pak Mail Beachside in sunny Vero Beach, Florida we crate and ship single household items and entire estates with white-glove care. Since 1984, Pak Mail has specialized in global estate, household packing and furniture shipping as well as assistance with local and national moves offering a unique hands-on approach that helps take the stress out of this event.
One of our personal account managers will handle your heirlooms, paintings, a piano, a household, pallets of furniture, or an entire office with care.
- We will arrange to pick up, crate and ship items via our preferred air, ground, and ocean carriers.
- There are no size, weight, or piece limits. Blanket wrap services available.
- We will provide supplies, packing and shipping expertise, and deliver all belongings securely.
- Storage solutions are available offering security and inventory control; short or long term for estate distributions, household moves, senior moves, student moves, and corporate relocations.
“your delivery boy was wonderful. He is a fast, hard working, nice man. A keeper for sure.”
Freight was “So well packed it took forever and 3 people! Good job! Contents were perfect!”
"I just wanted to drop a note to thank the two very kinds gals who allowed me to drop my stuff off after you closed on Saturday. I should not have left things until the last moment but I did and your very nice store workers bailed me out. My mom got me a few things for my birthday and I needed to ship them home plus I am taking 3 of her needlepoint pillows which have so much sentiemntal meaning. Thank you girls for helping me. I so appreciate it!"
Pak Mail Beachside Aiding the Homeless Family Center One Estate Job at a Time
Since October of 2013, Pak Mail Beachside has been answering the requests of Vero’s only shelter designed for families by providing furniture, clothes, and toiletries to the organization. “In our business people are constantly downsizing and shipping items from one destination to the next. When items are no longer wanted Pak Mail is asked to donate them and handle the distribution. For a long time, I have been a supporter of the HFC but never really got involved; that’s when the idea hit me” commented Pak Mail Beachside General Manager, Susan Lorenz. By utilizing the storage facility at White Glove Moving & Storage, Lorenz has been able to house items needed for families that graduate from the HFC program; which lasts anywhere from 8 months to 2 years, and give them useful household items to make the transition easier. These items range from beds to dressers, silverware to towels, and a variety of other goods used daily in a home that customers of Pak Mail no longer need and deem donation worthy.
The Homeless Family Center of Vero Beach houses 19 families for an average of 72 people at any given time. Current statistics indicate that there are nearly 800 homeless individuals in Indian River County and almost 300 of them are children. In fact the need is so prevalent that the waiting list has upwards of 66 families all of whom have passed the phone and physical interviews which specify that all incoming residents must be drug and alcohol free. Overall, the organization has a tremendous success rate with 86% of the families graduating from the program.
“The Pak Mail Beachside customers are so generous and embrace the idea of helping these individual families knowing the direct impact it makes. We are even making it a mission within our family to help when we can.” Lorenz points out by showing her mother’s recent Christmas party invitation requesting all guests bring an item off the wish list of the children at the HFC. “This is going to be so great for the kids,” squealed Mary Ellen McGuire, Executive Director of the Homeless Family Center, as she helped pull bags of new clothes and toys down from the back of Pak Mail Beachside’s truck. From staff to family and all the wonderful customers in between, Pak Mail Beachside is making a big difference to one small family at a time as the HFC’s newest business partner helping individual families go from homeless to homeowner.