Passport Photos in Owensboro, KY
Travel Prep Starts Here with Passport Photos
Looking to get a professional passport photo? Pak Mail can help. Pak Mail in Owensboro, KY specializes in providing you with quality photos.
Criteria for Mailing in Passport Photos with Application
- Must only be for a current and valid passport renewal.
- You are over 16 years of age
- Your passport was received in the last 15 years
- Your recent passport is not damaged and able to be submitted
- Your name is the same
- Your name isn't the same but the change can be legally documented
U.S. Passport Photo Requirements
There are photo requirements for U.S. passports and these are:
- Photo must be in color and sized to where the head is 50-69% of the image's height from chin bottom to top of the head. Roughly 1 – 1 2/8 inch.
- Photo must be 6 months old or less
- Photo must have a white background
- Photo must show full face toward the camera with both eyes open and a neutral expression on the face.
We at Pak Mail in Owensboro, KY stay up-to-date on the requirements for passport photos and make sure that your photo is ready for all applications and renewals.
There are several do's and don'ts for the best passport photo. Follow these tips to ensure that your photo will be accepted.
- Do have a neutral expression on your face, eyes open, mouth closed.
- Do face the camera head on and not look to the side
- Do wear clothes that are not black or white so as not to wash out on the white background of the photo backdrop.
- Do wear collared shirts or more business-friendly attire. A professional photo is better for business visas and employer paperwork.
- Do wear a conservative neckline shirt or dress. This is because if the photo is cropped you will still appear to be wearing clothes.
- Do not wear your glasses, as if there is a lens glare or other problem your photo may be rejected which can cause application delays.
- Do not wear earbuds or headphones.
- Do not wear a uniform or camouflage as the Passport Agency will reject your photo.
- Do not overdo makeup, go for a more natural look.
- Do not wear sunglasses or any other item that will cover part of the face. Eyepatches for medical reasons are allowed.
- Do not wear hats or headbands, but you may wear religious headgear if you have a letter of explanation.
Plan Ahead for High Demand
Passports are in high demand, and you should get yours ready several months in advance of any travel. Here are more tips to help with your travel plans.
- Renew your passport or take your photos a minimum of 4 months in advance
- Mail in your forms with expedited shipping
- Contact Pak Mail with any passport service questions
*Availability of Passport Services may vary by location.
At Pak Mail, we specialize in taking professional US passport photos, accepted by passport processing agencies. Most stores accept walk-ins, so no appointment is needed.